Dr. Allan MacRae earned his Master of Arts from the Occidental College in the 1920’s. He earned a Th. B. from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1927 and an A. M. from Princeton university that same year. Dr. MacRae received his Ph. D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1936 and is a scholar in Babylonian cuneiform, Egyptian hieroglyphs Arabic, Syriac, Hebrew and Greek. He studied at the University of Berlin and spent 4 months with W. F. Albright in archaeological exploration of the Middle East. He was the co-founder of Biblical Theological Seminary where he was president for many years. Dr. MacRae was a founding minister of the Presbyterian Church of America and was one of the original translators of the NIV translation.